Saturday, March 13, 2010

I am now a Kindle user

image I have purchased my 2nd Kindle. Kindle #1 went to my wonderful wife. I never even used it (and neither does she for that matter). So why did I not just swipe her Kindle if she does not use it? The answer is simple; I like breathing, so I better get my own.

What drove me to getting a Kindle? I was reading a 500 page PDF across my desktop and laptop whenever I had time. I had also started to dislike the number of books piled up around the house that I can’t bring myself to throwing away.  So I decided to use Kindle for the PC and go with eBooks.  The issue I had was wanting to do some reading without busting out the laptop or not being tied to the desktop.

I thought I like the Kindle for PC, so I will just grab a device and the nice black book cover.  So far I love it.  The nice thing is you get a kindle email address so you can send PDF documents to your kindle via email (very nice).  So now that 500 page PDF is now on my Kindle and I can read it anywhere whenever I am ready to do so.

I really tried to wait on HP and the rumored slate device (I will probably get one anyway I love the tablet PC form factor, and I am thinking a slate would fit me fine.  The kindle does seem to lag in the screen display a little bit.  I have not figured out how to get it on my on WiFi network at home either for faster web browsing. I still have a bit to learn, but so far I am really liking my Kindle.

Why not an iPad? Because it is an iPad! Don’t get me wrong there are some services from Apple I like, the OS is not one of them, and iTunes has started to fall out of favor with me.

Each day I find more useful Amazon services that keep me spending more money than I actually should.

No comments:

Post a Comment