Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Google Chrome – Change the default search engine

I am starting to like this browser more and more as I use it. However I had to get rid of Google as the search engine, simply because I like the user experience provided by the bing search engine.

Click the gear in the upper left corner (Figure 1).

image

Figure 1.

Now scroll down to Default Search Provider and select bing (Figure 2).

image 

Figure 2.

We will see how bing continues to measure up in the coming weeks. I created a previous post discussing why I like the downloading user experience in Chrome.  Now that I have the search user experience I am looking for, I will be using Chrome for some time here.

One thing that Chrome is missing that is very big for me is Silverlight support. Silverlight is a great technology that will continue to gain market share so I am hoping Microsoft and Google can get this figured out soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment